There is no period of ineligibility
- Almost everyone will be eligible for a TRL. There are some exceptions, for example, you are already suspended for not paying fines, you will not be allowed to drive.
- There is no limitation on where you can drive or when.
- Having a TRL is a “feather in the cap” when or if you end up in court in front of a judge. Your desire to be a sober driver starts with the IID.
- If you don’t obtain a TRL and you drive under suspension and are caught, the penalties are substantial.
- In certain OWI cases, Iowa law allows the court may reduce your fine by $625 if you show proof of having a TRL. This will pay for the Ignition Interlock Device.
Steps you must take…
- Contact LifeSafer at 855-527-1597 to speak with an agent. They will arrange for your ignition interlock device to be installed. Mention “OWIbuster” to obtain your discount!
- Pay a $200 civil penalty and re-licensing fee to the Iowa DOT.
- Obtain SR-22 insurance on your vehicle.
Obey all traffic laws!
If you obtain a TRL, you must obey all traffic laws.
To learn more, click the button below and use our handy OWI program to learn all of the consequences you face.
How do I get my DL fully restored?
Iowa law requires that you complete various tasks (jump through hoops) to get your driver’s license restored. If you follow all the steps, you can get your license back. At some point in time.
May I drive during my temporary revocation period?
Yes but you must have the LifeSafer ignition interlock device in your vehicle. Call 855-527-1597 to schedule the install. Mention OWIbuster.com!