Charged with OWI – Yes, you need a lawyer!
If you think being arrested for OWI was stupid or a mistake, try going to court without a lawyer. The charge is serious, do not be mistaken. Depending on the course of your case, you will realize the consequences for years to come. Travel restrictions to foreign countries, voting rights, right to have firearms and your right to drive are just a few things to think about.
Hiring a lawyer who knows what they are doing is a must. You need a lawyer who has the knowledge of 321J.2 of the Code of Iowa. When you contact one of our OWI lawyers, tell them you found them at OWIbuster.com and your initial consultation will be free. Ask the lawyer … what do you think you can do to help me?
- Your Iowa OWI drunk driving defense lawyer will first review the facts of your case with you. He or she will ask you questions and discuss your options. When there is a clear understanding of what happened in your case, your lawyer may give you my opinion about your case. The lawyer can give you an idea of your chances of winning at trial. He or she will go over any potential problems with your case.
Keep in mind that every case is different. You cannot compare your case to your Uncle Jim’s case of a few months ago. When you use one of our OWI defense lawyers, you will be assured of knowing what you face in the courts of local jurisdiction. It is very important to know your judges and our lawyers know their judges.
- Your lawyer will go over with you your legal rights. He or she will discuss with you your obligations. If a document needs to be filed, your lawyer will perform that task on your behalf. If you have any questions, your lawyer should be able to discuss the legal process. He or she will want you to know what happens from the start of your case to the finish.
- You cannot afford to not pay attention to the details of your case. If you leave something out in your discussions with your lawyer, your case will be jeopardized. It’s like going to a foot doctor about a toe problem and not telling him or her about having jumped off the ass end of a truck a week ago.
- If you have questions or concerns, express them. You are paying your lawyer to help you. When you ask him or her questions, this helps them understand where the confusion lies.
- Your lawyer will discuss all fees and services with you. If he or she thinks he can beat the charge at trial, you will be told what the anticipated cost will be. If you have a chance at trial, the cost of your defense will be less than what you will pay for years to come by pleading guilty.
- All the lawyers listed at OWIbuster.com have agreed to provide you with a free consultation. Click Here to find a lawyer in your area. Make sure you mention OWIbuster.com and the consult is free.
Click Here to get your free OWI Consequences Report!